Pregnant. How to calculate the exact pregnancy week by week? - Online Doctor Chats
My wife is pregnant and her last period was on the 5th of December 2012. So as per LMP she is supposed to be 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant but the latest ultrasound scan tells us that she is only 6 weeks and 4 days (+/- 1 week) pregnant. Please explain why there is a difference and how many weeks is she exactly pregnant?
How can I help you?
can you read my question?
Yes. I am going through the question.
I can guide you regarding this.
LMP is calculated from the first day of last menstrual period.
But in practicality, the fertilization occurs maybe 10-15 days after the LMP.
thanks for that
have you followed my explanation?
in fact we had a follicular monitoring done after LMP
thrice on 13th 15th and 17th day after LMP
so we knew exactly when ovulation had happened and final rupture
so in our case the US report should match the LMP date
the injection for ovulation was given on the 15th day after LMP and rupture was confirmed on the 17th day
since pregnancy is usually measure with respect to the menstrual cycle
and we had an exact 14 days cycle
i was expecting the date to match
Ok. Let me explain in more detail.
How often and regular was your wife's menstrual periods?
she had irregular periods
and the frequency was roughly once in 2 months
but we visited the gynaec
who prescribed siphene
and for 2 cycles the periods were on time
nearly 28-31 days
and in both these cycles we were trying for a baby
and it dint happen in the 1st cycle
but both the times
we were monitoring the follicle
So her cycle was around 28-30 days.
more or less, yes
Not 15 days.
more or less, yes
The ovulation takes place around 14 days prior to the period.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Does hcg cause dark skin spots
- 39 weeks pregnant and strep pregnant
- Duphaston 10 mg from 14th day
- 13 weeks pregnant negative pregnancy test
- Does fetal movement produces gas
- How to abort pregnancy 2 weeks pregnant
- Does pregnancy prolong cold
- Does an anterior placenta affect contractions
- How to diagnose heart problems
- 33 weeks pregnant scan done chance of normal pregnancy
- What is a positive discogram
- 16 weeks pregnant negative pregnancy test
- Watery vaginal discharge with odor
- Different stages of lyme disease
- White urethral discharge in women