Pregnant. Having cough and runny nose. Looking for relief - Online Doctor Chats
welcome to XXXXXXX
how long has she had those symptoms ?
The best way to deal with cough, is to try Vit C lozenges , 3-4 times a day , Saline gargles 3-4 times a day and steam inhalation
Running nose is very common in 20% of the women of during the 2nd to 3rd month of pregnancy
Vit C lozenges - Is it is some tablet?
this will reduce her symptoms
They are just like Halls , which she can suck and this will reduce the cough
use the steam from a hot shower or from a bowl of hot water to relieve nasal stuffiness and a runny nose
Crocin any specific mg?
Using saltwater to rinse your nostrils will also help
Crocin 500 mg 2 times a day
Using a humidifier and drinking more fluids will help a sore throat
if her symptoms , are not reducing, she may need a course of antibiotics, for a few days
She is reluctant to take any tablet and suggesting me that it will go away in a weeks time? Whether not taking Crocin and having cold for few days have any impact of the developing baby?
Since your wife is pregnant, I have mentioned the safest medication
she can take crocin, without any fear
How many day's she has to take crocin?
she can take it 2-3 days
but, if it is not helping, she should consult a doctor, for a prescription of antibiotics
until then, she can follow the methods mentioned by me
After taking crocin if it subscides within 1 day whether she can immediately stop tablets or continue for 2-3 days.
she can stop the medication, if she has no more symptoms
I hope u have followed my suggestions
Yes Sir got the required info. Will ask her to take the tablets and also follow the other suggestions also.
Thank you, nice chating with you
You are very welcome
take care and have a good evening
Wish you the same, bye
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Yellow saliva in the morning during pregnancy
- 30 weeks pregnant with sweaty yellowish greenish discharge and odor
- Runny nose 5 weeks pregnant
- Yaba syndrom
- Injection betnesol at 30 weeks of pregnancy
- Sore chest and runny nose 39weeks pregnant
- Deficiency big belly
- Soar throat and runny nose 36 weeks pregnant
- Incresing in puss cells during 30 weeks pregnancy
- Precautions for complete placenta previa at 30 weeks
- Redbull given me heart palpitations
- Pregnant sore jaw runny nose cough
- Runny nose back pain 37 weeks pregnant
- Response of proluton depot inj. at 30 weeks pregnant
- Wound with hole in middle