Pregnant. Have severe cough and cold. Will that effect my baby? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Proceed with your query.
For cough I am having chericof syrup.but for cold I am not having any medicine.
But I want you to take care of yourself since pregnancy can lower body resistance and infections can behave in different manner.
May I know who recommended chericof syrup?
Is it safe having that syrup?
Chericof has not caused any serious effects during pregnancy. However it's use needs to be monitored by the doctor.
I am happy that you are taking the syrup as advised by a gynecologist.
Now as far as cold is concerned, there are a few options.
The most safest measure is to try steam inhalation.
The next option would be to try nasal sprays - saline nasal drops or decongestant spray.
Third option would be use of oral antihistamines.
All these measures produce variable results in controlling the cold.
Now your treating doctor would determine which option can be tried.
Have you followed what I said?
Do you have any other questions?
Yes I am .
Do you have any questions?
Is hernia will create any problem normal delivery?
Hernia would not directly interfere with delivery. However pregnancy and delivery can have its toll on the hernia.
K thank you sir.
You will need to be followed up regularly for the problem. Your doctor can evaluate hernia during the antenatal check up.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- 26 weeks pregnant with cough and cold
- Cloudy discharge at 34 weeks pregnant
- 37 weeks pregnant coughs and colds
- Sever cold and ovaries hurt and pregnant
- Black stools during menstruation
- 35 weeks pregnant and cold sores cold
- Dark colored discharge at 34 weeks
- Dry mouth black magic
- Black stool during sickness
- 34 weeks pregnant complete placenta previa
- Cheesy vaginal discharge at 34 weeks pregnant
- Constant tightness at 34 weeks
- Black spot gristle ear
- Black spot inside stretched ear
- Pregnant cold cough fever