Pregnant. Have severe cough and cold. Will that effect my baby? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Proceed with your query.
For cough I am having chericof syrup.but for cold I am not having any medicine.
But I want you to take care of yourself since pregnancy can lower body resistance and infections can behave in different manner.
May I know who recommended chericof syrup?
Is it safe having that syrup?
Chericof has not caused any serious effects during pregnancy. However it's use needs to be monitored by the doctor.
I am happy that you are taking the syrup as advised by a gynecologist.
Now as far as cold is concerned, there are a few options.
The most safest measure is to try steam inhalation.
The next option would be to try nasal sprays - saline nasal drops or decongestant spray.
Third option would be use of oral antihistamines.
All these measures produce variable results in controlling the cold.
Now your treating doctor would determine which option can be tried.
Have you followed what I said?
Do you have any other questions?
Yes I am .
Do you have any questions?
Is hernia will create any problem normal delivery?
Hernia would not directly interfere with delivery. However pregnancy and delivery can have its toll on the hernia.
K thank you sir.
You will need to be followed up regularly for the problem. Your doctor can evaluate hernia during the antenatal check up.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Testicles hurt during inhale
- Injection hucog 5000 iu why doctor has suggested me to take this injection
- 26 weeks pregnant with cough and cold
- 37 weeks pregnant coughs and colds
- I am pregnant and doctor suggested me hucog hp 5000
- Sever cold and ovaries hurt and pregnant
- Can hucog 5000 injection delay period
- 35 weeks pregnant and cold sores cold
- Injection fertigyn 5000 how many days took for
- Ivf hucog 5000 injection beta hcg
- How many hours to sleep during pregnancy
- How to stop stomach pain during periods
- Light headed during late pregnancy
- How to stop vomiting during typhoid treatment
- Pregnant cold cough fever