Pregnant, Have painful urination. Taking citralka and levofloxacin. Will it harm the fetus? - Online Doctor Chats
26 years old, pregnant woman
in 33 weeks
Can i ask pregnant related query?
while passing urine i used to feel pain, so i consulted a local doctor, she asked me to undergo urine culture test
i heard levofloxacin 500 is antibiotic
would this affect my fetus?
she has asked me to take this tabled daily once
Medical drugs are classified into variety of groups depending on its safety and side effects.
As far as levofloxacin is concerned, there are no human studies / animal studies that proves toxic effects to the fetus.
Thank you so much!
However as prolong use of this drug can cause some bone and cartilage damage it is not routinely prescribed in all cases.
it is appropriate that you take the antibiotics as suggested by your doctor.
damage to mother or fetus?
The cartilage and bone damage can occur in both, but as the growth plate of fetus is not yet formed such effects can cause more damages to the fetus.
That being said, let me assure you again.
The cartilage and bone damages are believed to occur by some experts, however such events are not proved convincingly by studies.
Thanks for your answer.
Considering the serious damages that infection can cause, the use of antibiotics are considered safe at this point.
Hope it is clear to you.
If you have any doubts, I will be glad to clarify.
That's all. bye.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Low blood pressure 121 over 59
- Liquor value during 9th month of pregnancy
- Liquor levels during 9th month of pregnancy
- Levofloxacin levobact for urine puss cells
- 167 121 blood pressure
- Levofloxacin recover pus cells in urine
- Blood pressure 166 121
- Levofloxacin side effects urine
- Urine culture levofloxacin sensitivity
- Glassy eyes in early pregnancy
- Blood pressure 121 69
- Can levofloxacin cause blood in the urine
- Miprogen 200 side effects
- Blood pressure 121 over 67
- Pregnant and ate moldy rye bread