Pregnant. Decreased growth in fetus. Recommended susten. Will I miscarry? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I am a 20 weeks pregnant!!
Proceed with your query
By LMP, I must be a 22 weeks pregnant
but by scan, I am just 20 weeks...
May I know why this difference?
My doctor said, my baby's growth is little less and It might be a miscarry...
The dates calculated suggests that your baby has grown upto 20 weeks.
so, susten helps me in my baby's growth?
Since you are currently 22 weeks based on your dates, your doctor is right that the baby is small for growth.
but may I know why this happens?
is there anything wrong with me?
is there any problem to my baby?
The exact reason for reduced growth is not clearly known.
will this be the case for my next baby also?
It can be attributed to various factors
can we predict this problem in advance and avoid this late ovulation?
Let me be precise.
Undergrown babies, the cause are multifactorial. However which of these is the cause in you
is difficult to be determined.
Further such events can be sporadic and your subsequent pregnancy can be normal.
is it because of late ovulation? is the egg release not on time for me?
But in a small percentage of people,
there is a risk that your subsequent pregnancy can also have similar undergone pregnancy.
especially if the cause is related to genetic factors.
ohh!! is there any possibility to avoid this problem?
2. Ovulation and ecosprin tablets does not affect the growth of fetus.
The days of ovulation only influence success of pregnancy.
so, my doubt is
It doesn't have any role in the occurrence of undergrown baby.
why number of weeks of pregnancy is not calculated from the day of ovulation?
why do they always calculate from the LMP?
The day of ovulation is an upredictable date
Therefore LMP was used to determine the period of gestation.
even after using susten, is there any chance of getting a small baby still?
is there any risk in my pregnancy and to my baby?
There have been many cases where small for dates baby have survived the whole period of pregnancy.
Susten is a tablet given to improve the chances of your baby going through the pregnancy.
Ok. and another doubt is, if the intercross happens after ovulation, does it affect the baby's growth...? because, when we first met the doctor, she asked us not to intercross. So, I just want to know whether it is that which is affecting my baby's growth....
It does not increase the growth of fetus.
Intercourse very late after ovulation will not cause pregnancy at all.
Intercourse within 3-5 days only can cause pregnancy.
Therefore there is no question if very late intercourse after days of ovulation will affect growth of baby.
in December, I used tablets to delay my periods. and it was delayed by 4days and that was my LMP
can that be the reason for this?
No, that would not be the cause.
does my emotions effect?
No, emotional and mental stress are not the cause.
Thanks so much!
could be few factors for undergrown babies.
Do you have any other questions?
no doctor.. Thank you so much for your time!
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Will medication for hypothyroidism duphaston and susten affect fetus
- Susten helps to get pregnant
- What causes left atrial enlargement and treatment
- Heavy bleeding prescribed regestrone should i take the medicine
- Is susten 200 mg will help in growth of fetus
- What does it mean when 1 2 hpf of pus cells in urine test
- Frequent menstruation cause and treatment
- Pregnant with fetus with arachnoid cyst
- Cansoft and susten by pregnant women
- Started depo proveria had c-section why is period irregular now
- What cereal is good for pregnancy
- Irregular periods feels weak headache treatment
- On birth control skipped pills and having irregular periods advice
- Vomiting rosacea
- What abnormalities in cbc that occur in hiv infected people