Pregnant. Can more than one ultrasound in a day cause harm to the child? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Had a quick clarification
Proceed with your query.
My sister is pregnant and had gone for ultra sound
for some reasons she has been asked to undergo two ultra sound scans on the same day
is there a risk in that for her or the child?
Based on the information provided, I am unable to assume the reasons for 2 scans and whether or not there is some complications.
Sometimes when the bladder is not full during the first scan
Hence they commonly ask patients to get the scan repeated with full bladder.
without going into the complications that may be there, I was wondering more from a risk perspective of 2 procedures on the same day
This is a normal occurrence at many radiology scan centres.
Thank you doctor
You can probably ask your sister, if this was what that happened.
Whether the radiologist told to come for a second scan with full bladder.
Thanks for the help
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Does one catch cold and cough with ragi
- Pregnant with twins, but no heartbeat on ultrasound
- 17 weeks 4 days pregnant ultrasound
- Why my sperm release automatically
- Placental abruption at 25 weeks
- Dental awareness chart for kids
- 13 weeks 2 days pregnant ultrasound
- 24wks pregnant bleeding slightly
- Heart burn after angioplasty with stents
- 31 days pregnant ultrasound
- 6 weeks pregnant ultrasound
- 25 weeks and alot of discharge
- 25 weeks pregnant bad smelling urine
- Amniotic fluid leaking at 25 weeks
- Grey facial hair