Pregnancy scan showed likely choroid plexus cyst of fetal brain. Explain - Online Doctor Chats
I am Dr. Mazumdar
can you suggest on the statement written on the scan report
Why was the scan done?
This was genaral scan test on 9th month of pregnancy
Ok, did the scan say anything about feotus
facial features, heart etc
I mean anything abnormal
Choroid plexus is present in large cavity called ventricles in the brain of human
They secrete a fluid which is important
Sometimes such fluid gets trapped in between the fine blood vessel capillaries (choroid plexus) noted as cyst on Ultrasound scan
There is no clinical significance of this cyst without any other abnormalities in the foetus
It reduces on its own.
okay, so how long it will take to reduce ?
should we take any special care for this ?
No idea, only a pediatrician/ neonatologist can answer this question
Is your doctor concerned?
other than that there is no need to worry at the moment, right ? hoping that it get reduces automatically
the doctor said - no need to worry at the moment
Yes that is my opinion as well
In the presence of an otherwise normal ultrasound examination the finding of an isolated choroid plexus cyst is not likely to be of any clinical significance.
Did you follow?
What is the age of your wife?
just to confirm that i understood that there is no clinical significance for this cyst and is they are scanning required to the baby after birth ?
Yeah Ultrasound scan may be suggested to see its progress
okay, thanks doctor
Ok since the mother's age is early twenties it is good
okay, thanks doctor
Thanks for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Urine microscopy pus cells normal results
- Pus cells urine report negative
- Black red globs on toilet paper
- Choroid plexus cyst and autism
- Pregnant vision goin black an head hurts
- Moderate pus cells in sputum
- The pus cell under the microscopy
- Black spots on gallbladder
- Symptoms of choroid plexus cyst
- Seizure vision going black
- Choroid plexus cyst causes
- Ghutti black tongue
- Diagnosis of choroid plexus cyst
- Choroid plexus cyst and hands
- Pus cells in motion report