Popped out boil - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : what do i do if i popped a small boil on my nose, thinking it was a pimple?
may i know yor age and gender?
User : female 21
User : never had any boil before
User : i figured it was a boil after doing some online research
User : i first tried to pop it but nothing but blood came out. so i used hot compresses for a day or two
User : a scab formed from where i previously popped it
If the boil has popped out using fingers.
User : it came off in the shower today to reveal a hole with pus
User : NOT like a pimple
User : so i squeeze as much of it out as i could
User : i read that popping boils is the worst thing you can do
User : what do you recommend i do?
Clean the area with warm water and clean it with a clean cloth.
User : ok
User : did that
User : i put neosporin on the wound and covered it with a bandage
Do not cover it.
Leave it open.
User : oh ok
User : how long should it take to heal?
User : will it reform and need to be drained again?
Drying will heal it faster.
It will heal on its own.
User : so i don't have to do anything other than keep it clean?
but if the infection increases then you need an antibiotics.
User : ok
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Pop a gum boil
- Small slightly raised red spots on chest
- I am not feeling well after smoking of weed
- Boils and pimple popping
- Popping boils and carbuncles
- Small pebbles on the skin itchy
- Popped boil on inner thigh
- Small red dots on my legs and feet and it is spreading
- Thickening of the uterine wall
- Popping a boil
- Red rings on arm reappear disappearing
- Small red bump on inner thigh that hurts
- Suffering from cough and running nose
- My wife has gap in knee suggest me the treatment
- Is it possible to cure pancreatic cancer