Pimple on eye lid, near nose, painful. How can I prevent infection? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
hi good evening
i got a pimple on the left eye top lid towards nose which is quiet paining
3 days back i got this pimple
Since when have you noticed this?
first its started as a pain around that area
then i observed a pimple is coming up
yesterday it got opened itself and some blood out
what may be the reason?
Is it present on the eye lid or is it on the edge over the eye lashes?
it is on the edge of the eye lid which is a corner to nose
Do you mean its on the eye lashes?
How big is the pimple?
its about a size of groundnut
no redness or irritation sligthly watering is there
Let me explain to you.
Pimple over the eye lashes can sometimes occur due to infection of some of the glands located there.
The condition most often regress in a few days with anti inflammatory medications.
However when they do not regress, it needs to be drained by a simple incision.
If you feel that this pimple has become large when compared to the first day, I suggest you to consult a doctor who can perform this incision and drainage.
In addition to these measures, I also suggest you the following measures
1. Apply hot compresses on the site of inflammation.
You could do this for few hours twice or thrice a day.
as i said it started in a very small size and grown to size i said, after the blood out yesterday night its size came down
You could try the hot compresses over the site then.
It should help in reducing the inflammation.
2. Cleanse your eyes regularly.
Cleaning needs to be done using warm water mixed with salts.
3. Avoid pinching it or manipulating with bare hands.
you may increase the chances of secondary infection and abscess formation apart from spreading the infection.
You can get this ointment after consulting your doctor.
you suggest its better to consult doctor
The measures suggested will be useful if there is no pus collection.
If there is pus collection, then you may need to get it incised.
Hence it would be better to consult a doctor to confirm there is no pus collection.
Have you followed what I suggested?
yes i got it i will consult doctor to avoid any further complications
Do not worry.
This can be treated easily.
Do you have any other query?
as of now there is no pus even though let me consult
nothing thanks for your support
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Have a nice weekend.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Infected pimple nose child
- Itchy gooey eyes
- Upper lip red numb and feels tight
- I have developed severe dry eye syndrome after c3r procedure
- Pimple infections near the eye
- What causes boils on the bottom
- I coughed so hard and now my eye is bleeding
- Involuntary crossed eyes
- Is it possible to correct vision defects for children through acupressure
- Skin oily having pimples painful how to prevent pimples
- Runny nose and infected pimples
- What are the signs of constapation and discharge inside vagnial
- Infected pimple swelling near eye
- What is the blood cholastrol limitation
- Vision brown spot headache blurry