Periods delayed, on birth control pills, gained weight - Online Doctor Chats
User : Hello.
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can I help you?
User : I have been on XXXXXXXX birth control for 2 years and went off it two months ago.
Doctor : ok
User : last month I had a very light period and this month i am 7 days late already
Doctor : ok
User : i have also gained about 15 lbs and i took a pregnancy test and it turned out negative
User : is this uncommon?
Doctor : no
Doctor : it is something quiet common
Doctor : after taking oral contraceptives you will gain weight
Doctor : and your menses will take some time to regularize
Doctor : if you have stopped the contraceptives
User : is there an average time frame to regain a normal period, and can I expect to not have a period often?
User : it is just scary... I thought I was pregnant for sure
Doctor : it may take another two months
Doctor : dont be worried
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- No period birth control pills
- Period on birth control pills
- Delayed periods was on birth control pills cause
- Does sunflower oil affect birth control
- Oxyproelite peeing a lot
- Taking birth control pills is delay in period normal
- Does chewing gum affect blood pressure
- Smoking cigarettes affect on thyroid blood tests
- Delayed period cramps taking birth control pills
- Reasons for peeing a lot
- Does smoking weed affect bladder
- Took plan b and peeing a lot
- When losing weight does the vagina shrink
- Reasons for sudden peeing a lot
- Can fluoxetine affect birth control