Patient of Neurocysticercosis. Taking zenretard. When should I stop the medicine? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I am a patient of NCC since 2005, taking Zenretard 200 twice a day
sorry thrice a day
can i stop it now
Since you are seizure free since 2007, zenretard can be stopped.
however you will need
to undergo EEG before we plan to stop the medications.
do i need to under go any cT/ mri/ eegfor this
EEG can record the current electrical activity and predict if there are chances of seizures occurring again.
eeg has been done last week, it is normal
If no risk of seizure is found, you can taper the drugs and stop under guidance of your treating doctor.
Normal EEG, I assume means no seizure risks. In such case, zenretard can be slowly tapered and stopped.
Have you followed?
Do you have any questions?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Neurocysticercosis metrogyl
- What treatment should one take for mild facial palsy
- Neurocysticercosis is curable
- How to prevent brain tumour
- How to improve bladder tone after transurethral resection of prostate
- Neurocysticercosis taking valporic acid normal eeg should i stop medicine
- Nerve painbody tinglingfeeling very weak after work out
- What are the long-term effects of severe childhood concussion
- What does high bhcg levels during pregnancy indicate
- What causes chronic headaches and fatigue
- Does multaq affect thyroid functionality
- Neurocysticercosis homeopathy
- Oxetol neurocysticercosis
- How long to come round from an induced coma
- Is clavam with abphylline safe for throat infection treatment