Patient of Neurocysticercosis. Taking zenretard. When should I stop the medicine? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I am a patient of NCC since 2005, taking Zenretard 200 twice a day
sorry thrice a day
can i stop it now
Since you are seizure free since 2007, zenretard can be stopped.
however you will need
to undergo EEG before we plan to stop the medications.
do i need to under go any cT/ mri/ eegfor this
EEG can record the current electrical activity and predict if there are chances of seizures occurring again.
eeg has been done last week, it is normal
If no risk of seizure is found, you can taper the drugs and stop under guidance of your treating doctor.
Normal EEG, I assume means no seizure risks. In such case, zenretard can be slowly tapered and stopped.
Have you followed?
Do you have any questions?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Neurocysticercosis metrogyl
- Complete dementia causes
- Alcohol dementia causes
- Neurocysticercosis is curable
- Parry romberg syndrome causes
- Is munchausen by proxy heredity
- Is mesenteric panniculitis hereditary
- Neurocysticercosis taking valporic acid normal eeg should i stop medicine
- Hypothyroid herbalife soy shakes
- Herb treatment for thrombocythemia
- Universal nerve pains causes
- Is relapsing polychondritis hereditary
- Ulnar nerve disorder causes
- Neurocysticercosis homeopathy
- Oxetol neurocysticercosis