Painful boil on nose. Medication to be taken? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi, My daughter has a boil inside the nose and it is very painful
She is unable to sleep
May I know what is your daughter's age ?
Have you tried any medication now ?
no not yet
Ok, do you have any medication for pain in your home now or shall I advise which you may have to buy outside ?
Yes, Ibugesic will help.
DO continue the same.Give 5ml every 6 hour once.
If the pain does not subside you can give every 5 hours once
ok. But any antibiotic for cure.
There is no emergency need for antibiotics
you can start the same tomorrow after getting her examined by her treating doctor.
Til then do continue Ibugesic for pain and prevent progression of the boil
Will Ibugesic plus prevent the progression of the boil?
Yes, Ibugesic reduces the inflammation and hence the progression too
Will you suggest any antibiotic to be taken as I will have to leave for office early.
I am sorry , it would not be safe to advice antibiotics for a 6 year old without examining her
ok. Thank you doctor.
Specific antibiotics should be chosen on the type of the boil and also her physical parameters have to be examined to formulate a suitable dosage.
You are welcome.
Is there anything else, I can help you with ?
I also had boil once and the doctor suggested me hot fomentations using dettol water. That was painful.
I hope thats not the treatment for her. What do you suggest.
I would consider Ibugesic alone would suffice, do not handle the boil as it could be very painful
Ok Thank you very much.
You are welcome.
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for infectious boils
- Biotin and iron therepy after thphyoid fever
- Temperature below norm after just having fever
- Blister on buttock after child birth
- Medical boils cure
- Boils on shoulder and back medication
- Drugs/medication for heat boils
- Baby feels cool to touch
- Preventricular contractions in unborn baby
- Sal mucolite before or after food
- Baby sweating and crying problem
- Drugs/medication for boils
- Insect bite on baby's eyelid
- My babies cry sounds raspy
- Sporlac tablets before or after food