Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Painful boil in the groin area. Need medication - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 09-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:Dr Mazumdar here
User:hello Dr Mazumdar
User:there is a boil in the groin region
User:perhaps related to hair getting accidentally plucked out
User:there is pain as a result
User:can you suggest some ointment to provide relief
Doctor:Do you see pus at the area?
User:No pus
User:just red
Doctor:There is a chance of infection since it is opened up\
Doctor:so be careful, maintain good hygiene
Doctor:and no shaving
Doctor:Dry undergarments
Doctor:Do not wear in the night
Doctor:For pain take COMBIFLAM tablet, twice a day
User:any ointment to subside the redness?
Doctor:You can apply Oint MUPRIROCIN over the area
User:how many times?
Doctor:You can do it for two day, twice a day
Doctor:sorry twice a day for 5 days
Doctor:Did you understand?
User:hopefully that ointment is available generally
User:as I am travelling currently
User:ok good
User:ok thanks doctor
Doctor:Any other query that I can address?
User:that is all. Thank you
Doctor:Thank you for visiting me here.
Doctor:Bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor