Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Pain in the testicle - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I have a problem with one of my testicles. Its very tender to touch and i feel pain in my stomach as a result.
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hello?
Doctor :  
since when you have pain in the testicle
User :   Since this morning
Doctor :   is it pain or tender ?
User :   its pain but only when i touch it
Doctor :  
where is the pain in the stomach?
User :   lower part
Doctor :  
is it on the same side of the testis?
User :   yes
Doctor :   can you describe the type of pain in the stomach
User :   its like nausea
User :   not really pain
Doctor :   nausea means vomiting
User :   yes
Doctor :  
which one did appear first the pain in the stomach or the testicle pain
User :   the testicle pain
Doctor :   is there any redness of the skin of the scrotum?
User :   i cant really tell
User :   actually no there is no redness
Doctor :  
Doctor :   do you ave fever?
User :   no
User :   it hurts when i touch the back part of my testicle
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
is there any burning sensation while passing urine?
User :   no
Doctor :   with the information you have provided it is difficult to tell what is the cause for the pain in you
Doctor :  
it is very unlikely it is a infection,
User :   ok
Doctor :  
as you dint have the symptoms of them
Doctor :  
it might be a kidney stone
User :   really?
Doctor :  
as you do have lower stomach discomfort
Doctor :   yes in the stone of the kidney and ureter there will be a radiating pain in the side of the testicle
User :   yes but its the type of discomfort as if you squeeze one of the testes
Doctor :   ok
User :   do you think its a possibility i have torsion?
Doctor :   no
User :   ok
Doctor :  
torsion is a vey severe acute condition and pain is so severe you will land up in ER immediately
Doctor :   for the time
Doctor :  
you can try with otc pain relief medicines
User :   ok
Doctor :  
like Motrin 400 mg two times a day for next three days
User :   ok sounds good
User :   but if pain persists?
Doctor :  
if it is not working than you may require investigation
User :   ok
Doctor :  
like the urine examination, ultrasound of the lower abdomen and scrotum etc
User :   is surgery a possibility?
Doctor :   if it were to be torsion than it is a possibility in other conditions it is only medicines
User :   ok so your saying it could be a kidney stone
User :   and medicine will help
Doctor :   it might be a kidney stone with the pain radiating to testicle
User :   ok well thank you doctor for your help
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor