Pain in lower back. Diagnosed as kidney stone. Suggestions? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I have a problem related to Nephrology / Urology
How are you?
not bad ...thanks ..
how abt u
I am fine, thank you. Proceed with your query.
actually sometime back in last week ..I was admitted to a hospital with a pain in the lower back radiating to abdomen
around 10 mm
following day .....they did a Endoscopy
and told the stone was not seen during the procedure
either that wud have passed away
or it may be at a higher position in the duct
we have dilated the duct so...even if its there it will pass away
all this happened on monday and tuesday
wednesday i was discharged
and again friday i was feeling similar pain but very mild ..which i had on monday like in the lower back
so I went to the doctor asked him to do the fluroscpy again
...then I was worried and went to one other consultant ..
then he told first place endoscopy was not necessary they cud have done Lithotripsy
and then he also got the fluroscpy done.....there the radiologitst claims no calculi seen
then doctor himself did the scan on flusroscopy ...but no luck it was not seen
however ...I get such pain once in a while and have symptons like burning sensation while passing urinals
I am really confused ...
but I have a strong feeling that the calculi is there
May I know your age ?
And was a urine test done?
When was it done?
I mean on 2nd july
This was the first time you had the pain right?
Let me brief you.
A size of less than 10mm usually pass off harmlessly without any intervention. Your size of 10mm was bit concerning. However the second fluroscopy when you met Dr. XXXXXXX did not reveal the stones.
This means, the stone has probably passed away.
Though the stones have passed away, most often than not,
renal stones is associated with urinary infections.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Kidney stones rash on back
- Symptoms of advanced renal failure
- Symptoms of acute renal insufficiency
- Where on back kidney stone pain
- Symptoms of membranous nephropathy
- Symptoms of bilateral kidney stones
- Ofloxacin ornidazole amoebiasis
- Kidney stone with back pain and clots
- Lower back pain kidney stones
- Ttt of follicular tonsillitis
- Popping pustules on tonsils
- Is sever lower back pain related to kidney stones
- Dislocated rib vs spleen pain
- Symptoms of obstructive kidney disease
- Warfarin guiness