Pain below the knee and calf, difficulty in walking. Advice - Online Doctor Chats
Dr. XXXXXXX here
How can I help you?
Hi I XXXXXXX 29 Yrs old
I'm suffering from pain below the knee & Calf
Since when are you having this pain?
last 2 days...
It is present continuously or does it occur in intermittent spells?
* I mean is it present continuously or intermittently?
its first time
Do you mean it present continuously throughout the day?
Which leg is affected?
Do you notice any swelling, redness of the calf?
Are you able to walk?
No there is no swelling & Its difficult to walk
Are you running fever?
Is it painful to touch?
I had deliver a baby boy past nine month
Nine month ago
Are you on any birth control pills?
Isnt due to delivery
Have you had similar symptoms in the past?
These questions are relevant to understand the nature of your problem. Hope you do not mind answering them.
no..its ist time & we leave in delhi & there is too cold
Are you there?
Let me explain to you now.
Sudden onset lower limb pain localized to one side can occur due to few medical conditions.
But we do not use any birth control piles
Other possible causes of such conditions are viral infections, vascular disturbances, neurological conditions and so on.
Based on your history, it might be possible that the calf pain may be due to some minor infection or local muscle sprains.
I suggest you the following measures.
1. Rest adequately. Avoid any strenuous physical activity.
2. Local heat application on the affected region will help in improving circulation and reduce the pain.
5. Oral medications such as Tab. Dolo 650mg three times a day for 3-4 days will also help in reducing the inflammation and pain.
6. Drink plenty of water. This is very important as dehydration can aggravate the pain.
7. Watch out for few symptoms such as swelling, redness or worsening of pain.
Today we have taken Nervup OD and Zinase D
If such symptoms appear, then I encourage you to consult your doctor. You will need good examination along with some tests - blood tests and doppler scans.
Zinase D is a pain killer. You can continue it for few more days. Do not take this tablet on empty stomach.
Use it only half an hour after your meals.
Nervup will help in recovery of nerves if the cause is a neurological one.
This medicine we taken after speaking with local doctor
In addition to these, rest, proper fluid intake and local moist heat application will also aid in faster recovery.
It is good that you spoke to your doctor before consuming pain killers.
The symptoms most often should resolve in few days.
Review with your doctor, if the symptoms persist or if they worsen inspite of following the suggested treatment strictly.
Blood test and doppler scans may be necessary.
Ok we will consult with docs.
The neck pain is not directly related to the development of this calf pain.
neither is the delivery you had nine month ago.
As I mentioned, they should resolve with proper rest, proper fluid intake and medications.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Hope you have followed what I suggested.
Do you have any other query?
Ok & thks
Thanks for consulting me.
Have a nice day.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Helicobacter pylori black mucus stools
- Printable exercises for scoliosis
- Muscle twitching in face
- Fell on knee calf pain
- Knee and calf pain pregnant
- Exercises for stiff shoulders
- Exercises to strengthen quads
- Pain in tailbone and knee and calf
- Exercises to treat torticollis
- Black spots on helmet
- Swollen calf and knee pain
- Black molasses heart rate
- Black spot on heart in womb
- Pain behind knee and calf
- Black spot on heart