Pain below the jaw when I sneeze, can feel it in the ear also. Remedy ? - Online Doctor Chats
I am Dr. XXXXXXX here.
this side XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
How can I help you?
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX please proceed with your query.
sir i am having a pain below my jaw which is not very intense
but when i sneez
and sometime i feel it in my ears also
this is there from couple of weeks
I would like to know some more details regarding the pain.
but when i gargles
rest you ask
if you require more details
1. Where exactly, below the jaw, is the pain?
2. Is it only at the time of sneezing?
sinus infrection means
Sinus infection- frequent episodes of nose block with headache.
no i dont
May I know the exact location of the pain?
below tooth cannel
Do you mean to say it is below the jaw, towards your neck?
Which side of the neck does it happen?
i have been to doc month before
Do you get the pain in the ear also on the same side?
yes i do
he said i was have upper respiratory infection
Did you have any medicines for the same issue?
so i had Azibact for 3 days
and SN-15 also
So doc, what it seems like
Let me guide you according to the details you have given.
could it bcs of tonsils
I will explain how it occurs.
There is a small tube which connects between the middle ear cavity and the throat, which opens near the front side of throat.
It is called as Eustachian tube.
It can also cause irritation of this tube.
yes i feel blockage feeling
When such a situation occurs, there can be pain while couching sneezing etc.
what is the way forward
Since it is in the upper part of the respiratory tract, it is generally called as upper respiratory infection.
I will guide you regarding what can be done.
is to worry about
No, there is nothing to worry about it.
You can be relaxed about the issue.
sure and thanks doc
Simple steps can help you to get relieved of it.
sir if you can also share that for how long it can last
Sure, I will guide you.
Try the following measures.
1. Gargle your throat, 2-3 times daily, with warm saline.
2. Steam inhalation with Cap. Carvol plus dissolved in the water.
Carvol Plus is a capsule which is available in the pharmacies.
You can dissolve it in hot water before inhaling the steam.
3. Avoid drinking cold water.
4. Avoid having refrigerated food.
should i stop having curd
5. Maintain your room at a warm temperature.
as i generally have it
So it is better to avoid it.
will follow your instruction
If this does not improve in 5-7 days after following the steps, you will need to consult an ENT specialist.
He/she will be able to find exactly where the infection is starting from, and then treat it accordingly.
Have you followed all my suggestions?
no i didnt in past
but will follow in past
i was exposed to extream cold in last 1 month
since this started
i have done gargles few times in last 1 week
I hope you understood all that I explained.
but not regularly
Is there anything else on which I can help you on?
Thanks for consulting me.
I am happy that I could help you.
it was great help sir
Let me know if you have any health related queries.
Have a nice day!!
same to you doc
Please leave a feed back.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Causes of shrinking feet
- Herbs for anxiety and depression
- Fibrillation in the leg caused by sciatica
- Remedy for pain below ribs when sneezing or coughing
- Prostatitis cause pain in feet
- Why is dovonex so expensive
- Prescription medicine for jock itch
- Seroquel for depression and anxiety
- Causes of sticky feet
- What causes sticky feet
- Ear pain when sneezing in children
- Side effects of betahistine hydrochloride
- Sharp pain in ear when sneezing
- Ear pain headache insomnia sneezing
- Ear pain from sneezing and coughing