PCR test for detection of HIV after unsafe sex - Online Doctor Chats
User : Can I have PCR HIV test after 10 days I had an unsafe sex? is that the best test for now?
Doctor : Hi
Are you there?
Doctor : It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.
User : hi
Doctor : Hi
User : Can I have PCR HIV test after 10 days I had an unsafe sex?
Doctor : PCR is a senstive test
and does show postive results
if the virus is present
So you can go ahead
Do you know about ELISA method as well?
User : ok, thanks, but is that always true, the result?
User : after 10days or I have to wait up to 28 days?
Doctor : No for PCR that should not be the case
But it is always better if you wait for 3 weeks
User : ELISA is fine,
User : but recently, I dont trust what I have done
Doctor : Ok
User : by the way, where are you?
User : If I am infected, can I live healthy for years?
Doctor : The infection should be controlled
and that is the key
Doctor : but dont get into such hypothetical situations right now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Hiv pcr test after22 days
- Low body temperature herpes
- Drug addicts sore throat and chest
- Herpes due to excess heat in body
- How accurate is pcr and dna test for detecting hiv
- Itchless red bumps on body std
- Does addisons cause a swollen tongue
- Does syphilis causes twitches to body
- Hiv pcr test after 8 months
- Coffee and addisons disease
- Herpes leftside of body
- Addisons disease and bruising on leg
- Hiv test after 2 weeks exposure pcr
- Hiv pcr test after 50days
- Addisons disease breast cancer