Overweight, planning for kid. Do I need to reduce my weight? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I have registered for the parent to be program of XXXXXXX as I am planning for a kid
Overweight can cause menstrual irregularities. This may sometimes interfere with ovulation and chances of pregnancy.
Besides that, it is essential that you check your blood sugar (as over weight can be related to high blood sugar).
If sugars are high it needs to be controlled.
no my blood sugar level is normal, recently I checked
Apart from these 2, there are no real hard disadvantages of being over weight (in relation to conceiving and pregnancy);
however it is always better to shed extra bit of weight for the following 2 reasons.
1. Over weight can make you feel more exhausted during delivery (no clinical evidence sited).
So you may tend add more weight that what it is currently during and after delivery.
Hence start now to shed weight and plan for pregnancy (if you are ok to wait for some more time).
Am I clear?
Yes I got you. Just for my knowledge : as of now I do not see any menstrual irregularities as I get my period on time every month without any discomfort, but not sure about ovulation
If your periods are regular and normal, I do not suspect problems with ovulation.
It is good to know that your sugars are checked.
ok but other cause I should reduce weight. Right?
I also checked my thyroid as well, its normal
If you were to be my patient, I would recommend you to lose weight and then plan for pregnancy if there is no hurry.
Do you have any other questions?
no thats it. Thanks for your valuable consultation.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Ganglion cyst in sons neck
- Overweight exercise not helping solution to reduce weight
- Want to reduce weight am overweight taking thyronorm
- Ttc pukish 3 weeks pregnant
- Are ganglion cysts related to levaquin usage
- Ganglion cysts and humidity
- Get pregnant sitting sperm
- Overweight need advice on diet and exercise to reduce weight
- Pinkie ganglion cyst surgery
- Can i take swanson shatavari while pregnant
- Ganglion cyst related to thyroid
- I am overweight suggest a diet plan to reduce weight
- Strip test for pregnancy velocit
- Can i get pregnant while taking progyluton
- I am very overweight need to lose weight