Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Osteoporosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3609 Questions
User :   I am aged 77. I have suguar for the 25 years also B.P. which are under conrol. 22 days back i have faller in ground level. I have taken xray L.S.spine and A.P. Spine density (BMD) shows the result and comments as
" t-score value suggesting of osteo porosis" = Problem: unable to walk , sit and stand. Can I have opinion of this.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
Let me read it
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
With your presentation osteoporosis is a likely cause
Doctor :  
and is common with aging
Doctor :  
what you shall need to do is to take maximum care and rest
Doctor :  
along with calcium supplements
User :   we had 2 options wen consulted, surgery/ rest. now i am under rest. but there are no improvements as such.
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :  
But surgery, what was suggested?
User :   verty bro plastry
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
But with osteoporosis
Doctor :  
and the considering the age factor
Doctor :  
You shall need to take a second opinion for the same
Doctor :  
before going for surgery
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor :   He is our esteemed orthopedic surgeon
Doctor :  
whom you can take a second opinion from
User :   since she is a sugar and BP patient wont surgery lead to any other misconceptions
Doctor :   Yes, that is concern along with age

Doctor :  
and hence I suggested you the specialist opinino
Doctor :  
Are you getting it?
User :   yes
User :   how many days will it take for her to recover after the surgery?
Doctor :   Around 4-5 weeks, minimum

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor