Oral iron therapy - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can i help you?
User : i took 400mg of iron tablets per orem...is it dangerous?
Doctor : excessive dose of iron can cause stomach irritation and cause pain and blood vomiting
User : regarding abt the dose...400mg is considered to be overdose?
User : iam an adult..24y/o
Doctor : 60 to 100 mg of elemental iron is the usual dose
User : then...400mg?
Doctor : when did you take?
User : its been 4hrs since i took the tablets...so far im not experiencing any symptoms
User : im just worried
Doctor : not to worry
if you dont develop any symptoms than no problem
User : im abt to go to sleep
usually it will be gastritis
Doctor : and blood vomiting is the severe end of the spectrum
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Flopping in chest no pain
- Diagnosis of autoimmune hepatitis
- Diagnosis of oligodendroglioma
- Hot as soon as you wake up
- Oral dietary catalyst therapy
- Oral hormone replacement therapy
- Diagnosis of irritable male syndrome
- Radiation therapy and oral thrush
- Drinking excess milk benefits
- Discharge oral therapy for hcap
- Diagnosis of lead poisoning
- Heart and pulse races after drinking alcohol
- Enlarged spleen with pain and pressure in right side
- Diagnosis of muscle weakness
- Oral iron supplements