One year old with pus filled boil on the head, hair loss. Cause? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Hi, I am from Pune. I need advise on my one year son regarding some boil on his head
Please proceed with your query.
Can you explain the problem?
he has been given Mutop mupirocin ointment by the doctor here. For last 2-3 days, his hars are also falling from the boil area
Are you there?
He had pus and the boil has almost gone now, but the hairs are falling...actually wanted to know is it something to be worried about or we should wait for some days..thanks
Is he having generalised hair loss or is the hair lost from the region where the boil was/
its from the region the boil was
Localized hair loss at the age of 1 years doesn't sound like a serious problem.
This could be the result of damaged hair follicle secondary to the infections.
I expect things to improve in a few days as the infection gets cured.
However if there is no regrowth of hair from the location, you will need to see a pediatrician/dermatologist
As of now, it seems to be normal.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
no , that's it, bye!!
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Four years of hair loss
- Head injections for hair loss
- Baby pooping large amount
- Hair loss pus blood
- Food for patient with amoebiasis
- Viral infection elevated glucose
- Boils on head and hair loss
- Elevated got and gpt levels
- Medical management for amoebiasis
- Elevated heart rate poison ivy
- Meds for kids 7 years with amoebiasis
- Gallbladder surgery and elevated sgpt
- Elevated ggt in pregnant woman
- Dietary food for amoebiasis patient
- Hair loss for a year medicine