One year old with pus filled boil on the head, hair loss. Cause? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Hi, I am from Pune. I need advise on my one year son regarding some boil on his head
Please proceed with your query.
Can you explain the problem?
he has been given Mutop mupirocin ointment by the doctor here. For last 2-3 days, his hars are also falling from the boil area
Are you there?
He had pus and the boil has almost gone now, but the hairs are falling...actually wanted to know is it something to be worried about or we should wait for some days..thanks
Is he having generalised hair loss or is the hair lost from the region where the boil was/
its from the region the boil was
Localized hair loss at the age of 1 years doesn't sound like a serious problem.
This could be the result of damaged hair follicle secondary to the infections.
I expect things to improve in a few days as the infection gets cured.
However if there is no regrowth of hair from the location, you will need to see a pediatrician/dermatologist
As of now, it seems to be normal.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
no , that's it, bye!!
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Four years of hair loss
- Head injections for hair loss
- Taxim o drops for paediatric use
- Hair loss pus blood
- Perinorm drops are used for what purpose
- Ofloxacin ornidazole dentist tooth
- Boils on head and hair loss
- Senziclav tablet prescribed by dentists
- Useful of novomax drops
- Infant swallowed saline drops
- Impact of rickettsia on dental health
- Nodulohazed densities seen in the right upper lobe
- Trimethoprim for dental problems
- Hair loss for a year medicine
- Purpose of pacimol drops