On and off , increasing chest pain. More while climbing. No relief from medication. Suggest - Online Doctor Chats
I am Drxxxxxxxxx
How are you?
How can I help you today?
I want to discurse one problem with you.
Yes go ahead.
I consulted MD who gave me pain killers and cream saying that its muscular pain
But it did not worked
And now day by day the pain is increasing
Can you describe the quality of pain?
I have not consulted any doc after that
Its 1 to 2 hrs a day or sometimes 1/2 hr after time frame of 2 - 3 hrs every day.
Does it get worse with something?
Yes while climbing a mountain or stairs
Does it get worse by breathing?
Are you there?
Yes but only some times normaly and while climbing mountain with every breath
Only at a perticular spot near the heart
Can you feel pain when you press it?
No not much
It seems that the pain is coming from a deeper structure in the chest.
It does not seem to be originating from the musculoskeletal system.
That the reason the pain killers are not working
Since it is correlating with breathing, it is possible that it is coming from the lining of the lings.
I need to ask another question here.
Do you smoke?
But only 1 - 2 cigarate a day
So further investigations are warranteed at this point to pin-point the cause of the pain.
But I have quit smoking 4 mts back.
That is good as it helps the lung get back to normal
But still more tests are needed
So how to procedure further
We need to start with an ECG to rule out heart conditions.
ECG is normal every time
Alongwith it a chest x-ray needs to be done. Further imaging may be done according to the findings
Thus the etiology seems to be a lung condition.
Have you been having lung problems?
No medical history till date
Like coughing up sputum or difficulty breathing?
No breathing or cough problem.
Not even for past 2 - 3 yrs
pleura is the lining of the lungs
You need to see a pulmonologist or a surgeon.
Do you have any question here?
You can login again to chat with a doctor 24/7
bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Ayurvedic medicine for cesarian
- Medication for chest pain and back pain
- Suggest medication for itching in throat and chest pain
- Drugs/medication for Chest pain
- Drugs/medication for phantom chest pain
- Chest pain bruised back pain what is the reason
- Death due to septic pneumonia history of spleen removal
- Ayurvedic treatment for swallowed coin for child
- Viral chest infection ayurvedic treatment
- Chest spasm breathlessness taking amoxycylin chest x ray done treatment
- Ayurvedic centre for vitiligo in kolkat
- Ayurvedic medicine for chronic chest infection
- Suggest medication for stomach and chest pain
- Have stomach illness feel sick got overweight
- Pain under chest difficulty breathing lump