Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Old aged, diabetic, mental problem. What are treatment options? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 14-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Mental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
User:Hello Dcotor,
Doctor:Please proceed with your query.
User:the query is not for myself and this is for my mom
User:she is not well both physcically and mentally...
User:she is diabetic patient
User:her age is 48
User:she is not in good control of her sugar levels, which leads to some health problems.
Doctor:Since when is she diabetic and what medications she is taking?
User:apart from her physical health aspects, I am too much worrying about her mental problems
User:approx 10 years
User:she is taking some sugar tablets and some time she takes insulin too
User:she is too much depressed of some issues went on in the family, she uanbel to contril her anger and talking unnecessary for the whole night and some time more than a day
Doctor:Based on your description, I feel, she has severe depression and needs the help from Psychiatrist as soon as possible.
User:she doesnt even thinking of her health..she is talking about some money related things and doubting my father and other stuffs
User:ok doctor
User:this issue is been with her tha past 4 years
Doctor:Definitely, she needs drug therapy for her mental illness.
Doctor:This problem may not be related to her diabetic status.
User:i had consulted a Psychiatrist, they told to admit her in a hospital...
Doctor:It will be good if you hospitalize her initially.
Doctor:So that doctors can monitor her.
User:but she is talking fine most of time like a normal human
User:ok, also, she creates problems when she gets tensed for little matters...
Doctor:I think your psychiatrist will be the best person to guide you on her treatment.
User:Is it some thing mental disorder? or wat type of disease is it?
User:she is not at all agreeing to come to XXXXXXX psychiatrist
Doctor:It is very difficult for me to comment on that as I have not examined her. But, definitely, counseling with psychiatrist will help her.
User:ok fine...if she is not ok for treatment then/
Doctor:I think, you should take her first to her physician and make sure her sugar levels are well within control.
Doctor:Discuss this matter with him as well.
Doctor:After initial evaluation, he may refer her to Psychiatrist.
Doctor:Did you follow what I said? Please get back to me in case of doubts.
User:yes completely following you...
User:would you sugget me a Psychiatrist in chennai also can i use my "United India Insurance Co. Ltd" insuarnce for her treatment?
Doctor:Personally, I am not aware of doctors in Chennai, as I am residing in Bangalore. But, there are patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
User:Thank you! also any possibility of using the Parenetal Insurance
Doctor:That you need to consult with your insurance providers. Usually, outpatient services are not covered under insurance.
User:thank you XXXXXXX ..and thanks a lot for your support and time...have a gud evening!
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor