Nail injury to the abdomen - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can I help you?
User : Ok, to cut a long story short me and my friend were hanging out in our garage. (he's 14) anyways, to cut a long story short, he fell on a nail. (right side, XXXXXXXX level) it went about three inches in, but had on about the width of a needle. (in fact, I think it might have been a 3 inch needle) anyways, to cut a long story short, he's at the hospital right now. but they wont' tell me anything, and I can't get ahold of his family. I am just wondering.
1) Is it likely he punctured his intestine?
2) If he DID puncture his intestine, would he need surgery? (even though it was only the width of a needle?)
3) If he DOES need surgery, how long will he be IN the hospital for.
P.S. his waist is about 32 in., if that helps.
Let me read it
The 3 inch nail is certainly long enough to puncture the internal abdominal wall
But I cannot say if it had punctured the intestine actually though it length can happen
The width is too small to cause any complications
User : it was a nail size, though
User : ?
You said the length is 3 inches
User : yes, but a nail is still rather thick, no?
Doctor : yes
User : and it still wouldn't cause complications?
It cannot but the chances of intestinal puncture is there though he many not need a surgery to repair it
if the width is really needle like
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for nail injury
- Diagnosis of nail injury
- No withdrawal bleeding after stopping novelon
- Nail injury causes
- Sore on stomach make stomach ache
- Why is toddlers penis bleeding after peeing
- Symptoms of nail injury
- Lower right portion of stomach is aching
- Drugs/medication for nail injury
- Vaginal bleeding after oophorecyomy
- Uterine bleeding after paracetamol overdose
- Severe bleeding after taking modus tablet
- Teething and stomach ache medicine
- Stomach ache from mdpv
- Stomach ache for men when sitting