Nail in stomach - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can I help you?
User : ok, i don't have a lot of time, so please just answer my questions as best as you can. thank you. ok, well to cut a long story short my friend accidently ate a nail (it's a long story) he's 14 male and skinny. anyways, it happened about 12 hours ago, he's at the hospital right now. the doctors told me it got stuck in his stomach but won't tell me anymore.
i am just wondering, will he need surgery? if he does, how long will he be IN the hospital for? and approx. what is the length/width/height of the stomach?
User : are you there?
let me read
surgery is not needed
generally they will remove it by endoscopy
if done sucessfully then he will be dischared in few days
It shows you have moved away from the chat, so I close the window. Please log in again for 24/7 medical help.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Stomach ulcer stomach bruising
- Bloating and peeing alot male
- Unexplained stomach bruises on stomach
- Peeing alot and pressure and feeling bloated
- Stomach pain and extended stomach
- What is pin worms caused by
- Having pain and pooping alot of blood
- Morning stomach distress
- Blood in stool and burping alot
- Generalized vasoconstriction occurs as a result of
- Stomach ulcer heaviness in stomach
- Birth control makes you pee alot
- How to lose weight using laxatives
- Stomach ulcers and stomach noises
- Can acid reflux cause shortness of breath