Nail in stomach - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can I help you?
User : ok, i don't have a lot of time, so please just answer my questions as best as you can. thank you. ok, well to cut a long story short my friend accidently ate a nail (it's a long story) he's 14 male and skinny. anyways, it happened about 12 hours ago, he's at the hospital right now. the doctors told me it got stuck in his stomach but won't tell me anymore.
i am just wondering, will he need surgery? if he does, how long will he be IN the hospital for? and approx. what is the length/width/height of the stomach?
User : are you there?
let me read
surgery is not needed
generally they will remove it by endoscopy
if done sucessfully then he will be dischared in few days
It shows you have moved away from the chat, so I close the window. Please log in again for 24/7 medical help.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Symptoms of vessels inflammation
- Stomach ulcer stomach bruising
- Unexplained stomach bruises on stomach
- Symptoms of Biliary reflux
- Diagnosis of Biliary reflux
- Stomach pain and extended stomach
- Treatment and cure for Otomycosis
- Symptoms of acute pulmonary inflammation
- Treatment and cure for Rathke's cleft cyst
- Drugs/medication for Otomycosis
- Stomach ulcer heaviness in stomach
- Symptoms of idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome
- Symptoms of idiopathic bowel syndrome
- Symptoms of radiation colitis
- Stomach ulcers and stomach noises