Mycobacterium tuberculosis and its detection - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
how can i help you?
User : Could you help me with a few queries on latent Tuberculosis?
1) Is the diagnosis of Latent TB (LTB) possible only via history,cxr, mantoux and IGRA?
2) Where do the M.tuberculosis bacilli get confined in their dormant state?
3)What is the status of AFB in LTB?.. can LTB patients be AFB positive?
4)Can M.tuberculosis be isolated from any of the body fluids or biopsied from anywhere in case of LTB ?
Doctor : i shall take a min to read
User : ok
latent TB can be diagnosed if there is signs in CXR
User : but that goes against ltb
User : ltb usually does not have cxr signs
Doctor : PCR analysis can be useful in cases of no chest signs and CXR is normal
User : pcr is not a gold standard
User : i specifically am looking for information on afb status in ltb
User : can afb be demonstrated in ltb patients
Latent tuberculosis is where a patient is infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis, but does not have active tuberculosis disease.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Sticky eyelid syndrome
- Puffy forehead and eyes hypothyroid
- Confirmatory test for mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Orange coloured pleural fluid
- Residual volume in a collapsed lung
- Costophrenic sulcus and diaphragmatic coast
- Conceiving in mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Overdose and lung collapse
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis in endometrium tissues
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection
- Guaifenesin cloudy urine
- Red orange peel rash face
- Home remedies for hollow eyes
- How to remove wound on face
- Treatment of uterine mycobacterium tuberculosis