Moderate drinker. Having severe back and shoulder pain after consuming alcohol. Any cure? - Online Doctor Chats
Hello Doctor, I usually have a drink on weekend and in moderation. I feel terrible back shoulder pain the next day afternoon and it lasts till I have a proper sleep the next night. What may be the issue?
The pain could probably be muscular secondary to improper sleeping position or other physical strain.
it only happens when I drink
its kind of a body pain
never used to happen to me in past... but nowadays
If you were to sleep in an abnormal posture as it may some time happen when one is not fully aware of his external environment
this might result in localised body aches such as the ones you report.
It can be treated by topical analgesics such as diclofenac sprays, heat fomentation or oral pain killers.
Sleep is known to produce muscle relaxation
and that improves muscle aches.
ok... can you suggest an over the counter pain killer
So I feel the pain is most likely a muscle ache and not related directly to alcohol.
You may try it.
I would encourage you to use topical medications such as diclofenac spray, heat fomentation and take adequate rest.
This should resolve the problem 8 out of 10 times.
Have you followed what I have suggested?
Do you have any other query?
Thanks for consulting me.
thank you doctor, have a good evening
Have a nice weekend.
And drink in moderation only.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Upper back shoulder pain after c section
- Vein left side neck twitches
- Spasmoproxyvon addiction prescribed melaprox neuroplexfort longifem for withdrawal suggestion
- Treatment and cure for Severe shoulder pain
- Back of shoulder pain diagnosis
- Above left rib muscle spasms
- Left back shoulder pain
- Pea size swelling on left neck
- Noticeable tendon left of my neck
- Using nicotine patch why is it sill bright pink there
- Remedy for shoulder pain and back pain after fall
- Bypolar uncontrollable what can control his drinking habits
- Breathlessness chest discomfort after drinking rum what is going on
- Needle pin pain in left testis
- Lump in throat sensation burning using smokeless tobacco the cause