Missed periods, tested positive at home, started Folic acid tablets. Should we consult doctor first ? - Online Doctor Chats
I am Dr. XXXXXXX
How can I help you?
I have some doubts regarding pregnancy
Please proceed with your query.
We have been planning a baby recently
this month...my wife missed her periods
we tested with PregaNews and it was positive
now....should we go see a doctor immediately?
or wait for some time
You can consult a gynecologist for starting on supplements.
Since it is not an emergency, you can wait and consult.
It is best to start consultations when first time pregnancy is confirmed.
That is not only to confirm the pregnancy, but also to check the position of the foetus, the general health condition of the mother etc.
So, you can do one thing.
Get a consultation done within one week or so.
and...to confirm the pregnancy, should we get another test done from a test lab ?
before going to the doctor?
at the clinic itself? or will she refer us to a lab?
If the doctor is in the hospital, usually they will have sonography facility there itself.
But if they are consulting from clinic, only few doctors will be having their own machine.
I think that will be all for now Doctor
Thanks a lot for your help :)
Have I cleared all your concerns?
Thanks for consulting me.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Have a good day!!
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Cerebral cortical atrophy in a baby
- Want a baby when to stop atripla
- Left brain atrophy with fluid
- Delayed periods pink discharge history of regular periods pregnancy symptoms
- Evidence of nonspecific cerebellar atrophy
- Is minor brain atrophy normal
- Having regular periods but experiencing early pregnancy symptoms suggestions
- Does folic acid and iron tablets delay periods?
- Does takin folic acid tablets delay the period
- Have had unprotected sex dehydrated cramps sore nipples pregnant
- Missed periods folic acid tablets
- Bloating headaches frequent urination stretch marks on stomach pregnancy symptoms
- Can folic acid tablets prepone my periods
- Take folic acid tablets with thyroxine will it affect period
- Period duration increased had unprotected sex what is wrong