Missed period. Bacterial infection vaginitis. What is the reason? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
hav a gynacology related query for my wife
Proceed with your query.
she has been diagnosed with a bacterial infection vaginitis
and she has missed her periods
does vaginitis cause missing periods
Missed period or for that matter any menstrual irregularity is caused due to hormone disturbances.
Infection such as vaginitis and other physical factors can cause transient hormone disturbances
They may be causing the delayed period.
she is taking a medication for the same.... doxy
However if you were actively involved in unprotected sexual intercourse,
can this lead to the same
but still have a doubt
Hormonal drugs like birth control pills including i-pill are more associated with menstrual irregularities.
If the intercourse was protected, then it is most likely the infection or other physical stress that could be causing this missed period.
Chances of pregnancy is less likely.
But it would be better to rule it out completely by getting urine pregnancy test at home
using the home pregnancy kit.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Is masturbation after colposcopy harmful?
- Doxycycline for vaginal bacterial infection
- Metrogel for vaginal bacterial infection
- Swimming with a bacterial vaginal infection
- How to saline testicles
- Flying after laparoscopic surgery
- Steroid treatment for headaches
- Precautions after fibroid operation
- Neosporin how it works
- How is radiotherapy given
- Homeopathic remedy for mucus
- Vaginal bacterial infection astroglide
- Swelling mons pubis after sexual
- Bacterial vaginal infection
- "spotting" 5 month after myomectomy