Missed period. Bacterial infection vaginitis. What is the reason? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
hav a gynacology related query for my wife
Proceed with your query.
she has been diagnosed with a bacterial infection vaginitis
and she has missed her periods
does vaginitis cause missing periods
Missed period or for that matter any menstrual irregularity is caused due to hormone disturbances.
Infection such as vaginitis and other physical factors can cause transient hormone disturbances
They may be causing the delayed period.
she is taking a medication for the same.... doxy
However if you were actively involved in unprotected sexual intercourse,
can this lead to the same
but still have a doubt
Hormonal drugs like birth control pills including i-pill are more associated with menstrual irregularities.
If the intercourse was protected, then it is most likely the infection or other physical stress that could be causing this missed period.
Chances of pregnancy is less likely.
But it would be better to rule it out completely by getting urine pregnancy test at home
using the home pregnancy kit.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Doxycycline for vaginal bacterial infection
- Metrogel for vaginal bacterial infection
- Swimming with a bacterial vaginal infection
- Living with one ovary
- Surgery to remove polyps
- Polyps removed from uterus
- Post coital vertigo
- Pregnant and how worried about elevated liver count
- Types of uterine problems
- Pumping feeling at back of head
- Treatment of recurrent vaginitis
- Vaginal bacterial infection astroglide
- Racing heart during sleep in dreams
- Bacterial vaginal infection
- Is it bad to smoke pot if you have a varicocele