Metronidazole medication during pregnancy - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can i help you?
User : i'm about 14 weeks pregnant dr. prescribed metronizadole is it safe while ur pregnant
Metronidazole is not a safer drug in pregnancy.
You can better avoid it.
User : so y would they prescibe me that
User : they r the drs. they should know
User : how can it affect my baby
May i know the reason for starting the madication?
User : they said i had trich
User : i'm very upset at the situation im not dr. they should know wht they r doing
There are no definitive study on the side effects of the medicine in adults during pregnancy.
User : but how did u come to a conclusion that its not safe
Yes but studies on animals have reports of developing congenital abnormalities.
There were reports of preterm deliveries and low weight babies.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Normal blood sugar for 84 yr old
- Normal bp for 84 year old
- Is my medication right during pregnancy
- Medications during pregnancy cause apraxia
- Knot like feeling when pregnant
- Normal heart rate for 82 year old
- Urine infection in woman 83yrs on going
- Medication vizylac during pregnancy
- Red ankles 83years old
- Feel light headed on hcg
- Kicking feeling in stomach but not pregnant
- Feeling ill 4 weeks pregnant
- Is it safe to have contact during metronidazole medication
- Trichomoniasis medication metronidazole pregnant
- 7 months pregnant and vagina feels itchy