Metronidazole medication during pregnancy - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can i help you?
User : i'm about 14 weeks pregnant dr. prescribed metronizadole is it safe while ur pregnant
Metronidazole is not a safer drug in pregnancy.
You can better avoid it.
User : so y would they prescibe me that
User : they r the drs. they should know
User : how can it affect my baby
May i know the reason for starting the madication?
User : they said i had trich
User : i'm very upset at the situation im not dr. they should know wht they r doing
There are no definitive study on the side effects of the medicine in adults during pregnancy.
User : but how did u come to a conclusion that its not safe
Yes but studies on animals have reports of developing congenital abnormalities.
There were reports of preterm deliveries and low weight babies.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Is my medication right during pregnancy
- Missed period negative pregnancy test red spots
- Medications during pregnancy cause apraxia
- Medical termination of pregnancy at 6 weeks
- Treatment and cure for Cornelia de lange syndrome
- Motion color change during pregnancy
- Medications that have a harmful effect on the kidneys
- Loprin injection
- Ischemic colitis causes
- Trichomoniasis medication metronidazole pregnant
- Is it safe to have contact during metronidazole medication
- Symptoms of Dead arm syndrome
- Ketoacidosis causes
- Symptoms of Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare infection
- Medication vizylac during pregnancy