Metformin for polycystic ovarian syndrome causing fluctuating sugar levels - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : I have been having issues with my blood sugar spiking and then dropping, i did have a diabetes test and came back that i did not have diabetes, i was wondering what else could cause this
User : causing me me sever fatigue is the main thing
please provide your age, gender and location
User : 26 female, South XXXXXXXX
Doctor : ok
is there any family history of diabetes?
User : no
how did you come to know of the spiking and dropping blood sugars?
User : i have pcos and they put me on metformin for weight loss and such, but i started to feel extremely tired so started testing my blood sugar
in your case, i will suggest you to take a special test called as 'Glucose tolerance test' to see what is exactly happening to your sugar levels
User : thats what they did, and in that test it spiked to 186 then back down to 60 in an hour
and yes metformin will cause fluctuations in sugar levels.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Low dose naltrexone side effects
- Back pain vomiting unable to urinate
- Hrt low dose side effects
- Can polycystic ovarian syndrome cause hard stool
- White patches back of throat smoker
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome dydrogesterone
- Back have small tiny pimples
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and psychosis
- Docusate sodium 100 mg cap
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome causes
- How long does prednisone last
- Docusate sodium colace 100 mg
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and migraines
- Waffle pattern rash on back
- White spots on back of palette