Metformin for polycystic ovarian syndrome causing fluctuating sugar levels - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : I have been having issues with my blood sugar spiking and then dropping, i did have a diabetes test and came back that i did not have diabetes, i was wondering what else could cause this
User : causing me me sever fatigue is the main thing
please provide your age, gender and location
User : 26 female, South XXXXXXXX
Doctor : ok
is there any family history of diabetes?
User : no
how did you come to know of the spiking and dropping blood sugars?
User : i have pcos and they put me on metformin for weight loss and such, but i started to feel extremely tired so started testing my blood sugar
in your case, i will suggest you to take a special test called as 'Glucose tolerance test' to see what is exactly happening to your sugar levels
User : thats what they did, and in that test it spiked to 186 then back down to 60 in an hour
and yes metformin will cause fluctuations in sugar levels.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Symptoms adverse reaction vaccine
- Low dose aspirin side effects
- Can polycystic ovarian syndrome cause hard stool
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome dydrogesterone
- Hydrocodone apap 10 500 tablet
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and psychosis
- Adverse reactions to menactra vaccine
- Adverse side effects of ect
- Methotrexate side effects rheumatoid arthritis
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome causes
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and migraines
- How common is parkinson's disease
- Can cymbalta cause acid reflux
- What does ram affect
- Advocare bad side effects