Medicines for food poisoning/infection - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
User : While vacationing in NY my 3 year old son ate at a Thai restaurant 4 nights ago and began vomiting 9 hrs later. He has been sick since (vomiting, watery diarrhea - slight gas leads to accidents, low energy, no appetite, red splotchy & slightly textured rash on outside of elbows, stomach discomfort, made worse with motion, had a low grade fever for a brief period) and though it is getting slightly better (only vomited once in last 24 hrs, less diarrhea, slightly higher energy level, no fever), we are concerned that it may not be food allergy/poisoning or if it is, we are not treating it properly. Based on the symptoms what might this be and is there anything beyond rest and fluids (gatorade & pedialite) that we can give him (benadryl?) We are supposed to go home today but have delayed those plans a day. We are also a little scared of NYC hospitals and have been unable to get into a Dr.
Doctor : how can i help you
Doctor : please give me few mins
User : np
Doctor : i would suggest u to make sure the baby is well hydrated
Doctor : since he has had bouts of vomiting
User : we are focusing on hydration
Doctor : good
Doctor : please go consult a pediatrician at the earliest
Doctor : it could be either infection or food poisoining
Doctor : either way, the kid needs medical attention
Doctor : at the earliest
Doctor : please dont ignore, iam concerned about the baby
Doctor : it could be simple matter of indigestion
Doctor : some kids are sensitive to certain foods
Doctor : it could the case , since the kid is recovering
Doctor : it is unlikely it to be food poisoning
Doctor : it could be more of infection or indigestion
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Symptoms of food poisoning infection
- Treatment and cure for food poisoning infection
- Is unusual tiredness or weaknesschest pain or discomfort a side effect of intuniv?
- Is red, scaly, swollen, or peeling areas of the skin a side effect of factor xiii?
- 5 year old son is pooping foam
- Regurgitating white foam and numbness
- Is burning, pricking, tickling, or tingling sensation a side effect of enoxaparin?
- Sample report of fnac test
- Drugs/medication for food poisoning infection
- Is inability to move the arms, legs, or facial muscles a side effect of adderall?
- Fmore frequent urination and migraines
- Human lime green foam puke
- Food poisoning infection causes
- Diagnosis of food poisoning infection
- Is severe abdominal or stomach pain, cramping, or burning a side effect of gleevec?