Medicine for hypertension - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : How can i help you?
User : hello doctor
User : my mom is having BP from last 20 years
User : from last 10years she was on
User : amlodipine and atenolol+losartan potassium
User : but recently her BP rose
User : to 200/130
User : and while consultation with doctor
User : he reduced the dose of atenolol which was previously 50mg to 25mg twice a day
User : and removed amlodipine 5mg
Doctor : ok
User : with some diuretics
Doctor : ok
User : please suggest is this right because now BP is not coming below 150/90
May i know her age?
User : 58
The choice of the antihypertensive medications vary in different doctors.
Generally a calcium channel blocker or beta blocker with a diuretic is given.
Multiple antihypertensive can cause hypotension which is more dangerous then hypertension.
Since he has added a diuretic to the treatment, he must have decreased the doses of other antihypertensive.
The effects may take some time to happen.
Hence wait for a week.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Eating habits for 2 years baby
- Medicines for hypertension
- Had pacemaker implanted diagnosed with pericarditis postpericardiotomy syndrome any suggestion
- Eeg 400 tablets
- Aimway medicine for hypertension
- How to improve heart function and make it healthy
- Esr 60 and pus cell in urine
- Cold medicine and ocular hypertension
- Epididymal cyst trouble urinating
- Alternative medicine for hypertension
- 37 weeks pregnant what is the normal blood pressure
- On ramipril heart rate increases on sleeping causing sweating reason
- Ayurvedic medicine of pulmonary hypertension
- My husband is having night sweats for the past week
- Got checked for bp is the finding in normal range