Medicine for hypertension - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : How can i help you?
User : hello doctor
User : my mom is having BP from last 20 years
User : from last 10years she was on
User : amlodipine and atenolol+losartan potassium
User : but recently her BP rose
User : to 200/130
User : and while consultation with doctor
User : he reduced the dose of atenolol which was previously 50mg to 25mg twice a day
User : and removed amlodipine 5mg
Doctor : ok
User : with some diuretics
Doctor : ok
User : please suggest is this right because now BP is not coming below 150/90
May i know her age?
User : 58
The choice of the antihypertensive medications vary in different doctors.
Generally a calcium channel blocker or beta blocker with a diuretic is given.
Multiple antihypertensive can cause hypotension which is more dangerous then hypertension.
Since he has added a diuretic to the treatment, he must have decreased the doses of other antihypertensive.
The effects may take some time to happen.
Hence wait for a week.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Medicines for hypertension
- Brown gooey discharge before period
- Nausea irregular heartbeat high blood pressure headache
- Nopalina flax seed plus formula
- Aimway medicine for hypertension
- Headache and high blood pressure weak legsd
- Hypothyroidism and muscle twitching
- Cold medicine and ocular hypertension
- Blood pressure medicine and sensitive penis head
- Alternative medicine for hypertension
- Ms and high blood pressure
- Headache blood pressure meth
- Head hit blood pressure
- Ayurvedic medicine of pulmonary hypertension
- Rubbing alcohol on penis