Medication for infection due to wisdom tooth - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : hello
Doctor : How can i help you?
User : would you happen to know anything about dentistry
Doctor : I am a general practitioner. I can help you within my expertise.
User : I have my wisdom tooth growing in, and it cut my side of my gums so bad that it made it become infected.
User : Whats my best bet to do to get rid of the infection until I get an appointment with a dentist to get it yanked out
Doctor : Ok
If there is signs of infection you need a course of antibiotics.
Pain killers cn help in decreasing the pain.
User : its not so much painful its just that the gums are swollen that im biting..the pain of the tooth growing in doesnt hurt
User : the only time it hurts is when I bite down or talking that i clip my gums otherwise it doesn't bother me at all.
Doctor : the swelling could be because of biting of the gums.
And the chances of infection is less if your oral hygeine is good.
You can take simple pain killers to decrease the swelling
Use glycerol solution on the affected area
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy lyme disease
- Drugs/medication for chronic infected tooth
- Drugs/medication for tooth root infections
- Clindamycin preoperative dose
- Clicking jaw problem
- Cipro oral suspension
- Infectious diseases in vietnam
- Drugs/medication for tooth infection
- Deep relief gel
- Inflammatory disease of the uterus
- Tooth staining due to medications
- Inflammatory muscle disease and lupus
- Sunset yellow colouring
- Drugs/medication for wisdom tooth infection
- Low iron and liver disease