Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Medication for Upper respiratory tract infection - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3607 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   I am suffering from severe cold and mucus from last 3-4 days
User :   can you please suggest any medicine for that ?
Doctor :   do you have cough too?
User :   yes
Doctor :   fever/bodypains?
User :   no
Doctor :   does the cough with sputum?
User :   yes
Doctor :   I think you have upper respiratory tract infection
Doctor :   with bacteria
Doctor :   because usually the viral infection lessen by 2 to 3 days
User :   ok
Doctor :   I would suggest you to see a physical examination done
User :   can you please suggest some medicine ?
Doctor :   YOu may need some antibiotics
User :   ok
Doctor :   Not available otc
Doctor :   only on prescription
Doctor :   You can get them
Doctor :   Till then you take sinarest vasocaps as hot water inhalations
User :   thank u bye
User :   its ok
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor