Measures to reduce stomach discomfort, burps, flatulence - Online Doctor Chats
Hi Doc, Good Morning
How can I help you?
Me and mywife recently feels having a little gas problems
both are at age 28
What problems are you facing?
We get different sounds from stomach
I am not sure what exactly they called in medical terms
Fine. May I ask some questions regarding your symptoms?
Do you feel stomach distention after having food?
if I don't have food at right time, then I feel some gas in mystomach
Do you feel pain in the stomach immediately or after 2 hours of having food?
Do you feel any regurgitation?
it's not pain, but some kind of discomfort, which goes out with a burb
Do you get burning sensation in the middle of chest?
Let me brief you about the symptoms you are having.
The problems you mentioned does not seem to be linked with gastritis or gastro oesophageal reflux disease.
So be relaxed.
And no need to worry.
Yes it is common. But you may be having the discomfort due to extra flatulence.
These can be controlled by certain measures.
It does not need any medication as such.
thanks, any advice on food we need to avoid
I would give you some steps to follow, which would help in reducing the discomfort.
1. Always try to have your meals at regular timings.
2. Have snacks every 2 hours.
3. Do not leave your stomach empty for long time.
4. Avoid drinking water along with the food. You can have water either half an hour before food or after food.
5. 'Eat' liquid food and 'Drink' solid food.
i didn't get the point no 5
That is drink liquids slowly, and chew solid food very nicely so that it becomes more like a liquid form.
7. Avoid having food kept in fridge.
8. Vegetables and fruits will help in improving the digestion.
evn the fruits kept in fridge to be avoided or it's just that those food that is preserved in fridge
9. You can reduce starchy food like potatoes.
Fruits can be had after keeping in fridge. But wash them properly and eat it immediately after it is cut open.
10. Regular exercise for at least 30 mins in a day.
11.Go to sleep at night only after atleast 1-2 hours after dinner.
Have you followed?
most of them yes, and I will try to follow other like items in fridge and starch items
These steps would make sure you are relieved of your discomfort.
DO you have any doubts?
I think I am OK now, thanks a lot doc for your time and suggstions,
Thanks for consulting me. You will be fine.
Have a great day ahead - Bye
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Indigestion for two weeks
- White stool indigestion symptoms
- Can tobacco be found in urine samples
- What causes stomach discomfort
- Indigestion in my sternum
- Can the sun give you a headache
- Can the stomach flu last a week
- Can the lemonade diet affect cholesterol level tests
- Upper stomach discomfort and wheezing
- Excessive burping stomach discomfort fatigue
- Laxopeg powder for infants
- Frequent urination and stomach discomfort
- Can surgery control epilepsy
- Foamy saliva, stomach discomfort
- Lump in 4 month infant stomach