MRA of Brain shows Thrombosis. Does it need a surgery? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I got MRA of Brain done for my father yesterday and report says Thrombosis in Left ICA. What does it mean
The report also would have mentioned the percentage of block.
Would this be tretaed clinically or does it need surgical intervention
The percentage implies the amount/severity of block.
Report is silent on the %
Whether it requires surgical intervention will depend on the percentage of block.
If I mail the scans, would it be possible to see the % of blocks
If the block is more than 50% but less than 95% then surgical intervention may be needed.
You may scan the whole MRA report and mail it
put subject as Attn
What kind of surgical interventions are needed is it stent as used in case of blockage of heart arteries
Some surgeons try endarterctomy instead of bypass.
Thanks Doctor. I will mail the reports. Scans are using DICOM software. I hope that is fine.
You may send the scanned images in jpg format.
I should be able to receive it.
Thanks Sir. I will send it. Bye for now.
You may contact the customer support team of XXXXXXX for further assistance if you need any.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Thrombosis in armpit
- Hand tremors bruise that wont go away
- Symptoms of nerve damage/injury
- Ileocecal thrombosis
- Symptoms of retrosternal goiter
- Symptoms of enlarged goiter
- Naturopathy and thrombosis
- Symptoms of parathyroid secreting adenoma
- Lower spine feels bruised
- Thrombosis electroconvulsive
- Ulnar nerve entrapment bruising
- Symptoms of tubercular disease
- Bruised swollen feeling spot on spine
- Random bruising on legs tingling
- Thrombosis in brain