Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Lumps coming out of vagina post c-section - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 667 Questions

User :   I had a emergancy c-section 5 weeks ago because I had pre elamsia. For the past few days I have noticed small skin like lumps coming out of my vagina with bright red bood as I am still bleeding. I have low back and some times abdo pain and on occasion it hurts to pass water.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
Let me read it
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :  
It is common to have such discharge till 6 weeks post delivery
User :   so it is ok to have these small lumps coming out, there not clots they are small lumps that have skin. what are they? and why are they coming out?
Doctor :  
Yes, there shall be such uterine remnants
Doctor :  
and it shall subside in few weeks
User :   is it ok to still be bleedin bright red
User :   my sticthes are quite sticky on my c section wound and I put on anti botics but it still dischargin and smells quite offensive
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :  
It is always better for you to report back to your Obstetrician
Doctor :  
and get it diagnosed
Doctor :  
if there is infection, then treatment will have to be taken

Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor