Loud cough with blood in sputum and bad breath - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : I have a bad cough that is very loud and it causes mucus with a water like consistance and bad smell when i exhale
User : and in addition i had basketball tryouts yesterday and i coughed up bloody mucus
User : what could that be?
i will help you in this?
User : could you tell me what it may be
please provide your age, gender, location
User : 15 male ny
do you have fever?
User : i did a couple days ago but it went away
is there sputum production?
User : yeah
what is the color of sputum?
User : i dont know didnt check
since you have had a history of fever initially
ang then coughed up blood with sputum
i will suggest you to do a few tests and a chest examination
along with chest x-ray
User : could this be life-threatening?
as this could probably be due to infection and rupturing of blood vesels in throat which lead to blood in sputum, or it could be tuberculosis,
this may not life threatening, but can be treated and complications avoided by acting soon
so please get a chest examination, chest x-ray, and sputum culture and sensitivity and AFB smear done
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Smoking marijuana while taking ofloxacin
- Baby cough bad breath
- What medicine for polyarthritis combiflam
- Consequence of not completing eso kit tablets
- Bad breath after cough
- Ofloxacin ornidazole combination for sore throat
- Marijuana pregnancy placenta previa
- Mederma for penis stretch marks
- Mucous threads marked" "urinalysis" negative
- Mirena coil and sudden onset of dizziness
- Questionnaire of the respiratory complications
- Coughing and bad breath
- Fever coughing bad breath
- Ramipril and cough or bad breath
- Can you smoke marijuana while on zithromax?