Loose motion, constipation. Suggestions? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX
my husband is having a stomach proble
he has been having loose motions since 5:00 in the morning
he's had it 5-6 times
he has to go out now.
can you suggest any medicine to make him feel better
he is feeling weak right now
May I know if he has vomiting and fever too?
Did he pass blood in the stool?
no vomiting no fever
no blood in the stool
but he's been having constipation
Is he taking any medicines for constipation?
Let me brief you.
Your symptoms is probably having infective gastroenteritis where the probable cause could be amoeba (parasite) or bacterial.
I would suggest you to take him to a nearby hospital.
In the meantime, you can try fenugreek seeds.
Ask him to drink plenty of water and take oral rehydrating salts (ORS) along with it.
can i give him lopramide now for temperory relief?
You can also add ORS and sporolac tablet 1 tablet twice a day to it.
we have this tablet
Diarrhea can cause dehydration. In some one with nephrectomy this needs to be addressed at the earliest.
Sporlac - Lactic Acid Bacillus
should this be given to him?
Start him on ORS + sporolac (lactic acid bacillus) tablets.
Encourage him to drink plenty of water.
Fenugreek seeds have useful benefits too.
the dietician had told not to take fenugreet seeds
i have powdered fenugreek seeds
should i give him?
and how much?
I am not sure why fenugreek seeds are contraindicated,
but if they have advised him not to take it, do not take them.
Start him on other treatment, and visit a nearest hospital.
There they can start him on antibiotic treatment.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
have given him the tablet
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
I wish a speedy recovery of your husband.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Does constipation also mean having loose motions
- Urinary track infection black stool
- Stringy smelly brown poop
- How do i confirm if i have ocd
- Treatment for ear ringing and sensitivity to high-pitched sounds
- Constipation loose motion during first week pregnancy
- Loose motion after constipation
- How to wean off pain medication for chronic severe headache
- Loose motion and constipation
- What are the treatments for loose motion constipation and fever
- Swollen buttock glands
- Fruits for peptic ulcer
- What causes pain in the fingers and the entire arm
- Normal to frequently urinate and lose weight while taking furosemide
- What is occult blood fecal ia