Liver abscess infection - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can i help you?
User : hi, my friend has been admitted to a hospital with abscess of liver for the past 10 days
User : but he does not seem to be getting better. the infection has reduced only 1 cm so far
Doctor : ok
User : could u pls guide me as to how long the treatment procedure lasts as he seems to be getting worse.
User : he is vomiting frequently, and has been unable to eat anything.
Doctor : i need to ask a few questions before i can answer so kinldy
User : sure
Doctor : bear with me
Doctor : how long has he been having fever for?
Doctor : when did it start
User : it has been on and off for about over a month now. he was diagnosed with typhoid over two weeks ago
Doctor : ok
Doctor : do u have ultrasound scan report of the abdomen as of now
Doctor : how big is the abscess and where is it located
User : no i do not. but i was told that it is in the liver and it was 5 cm when seen first and has reduced to 4 cm after 10 days of hospitalization
User : though it is in liquid form as of now.
Doctor : do u have the liver function test reports
Doctor : that will reflect of the health status
Doctor : It shows you have moved away from the chat, so I close the window. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Tamarind and gall stones
- Diet during liver abscess
- Can something get stuck in colon will it come out
- Breast abscess hardened mass above nipple what could it be
- Rooibos tea jaundice
- Ud liv tablet
- Addiction to toluene even after rehabilitation how to help him
- Cannabis smoking psychosis schizophrenia depression social anxiety ocd
- Proper diet for liver abscess
- Evion 400 omega 3
- Blood pressure slightly above normal requires attention
- Gatorade and liver function
- Ursocol 150 for liver abscess
- Diet in liver abscess treatment
- Liver abscess drainage