Lipid test shows Total cholestrol:189. Should I take pills? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi Very goodmorning
Please proceed with your query
I did lipid test. Here are my results. Need to evaluate the same Fasting Blood Sugar: 84, Total cholestrol:189, Triglycerides: 87, HDL:30, LDL:142, Total Lipids:465. I have Low Blood pressure also. need to know if i need to take Cholestrol pills.
My family Doctor asked me to take cholestrol tablet Lipikino-10mg for 6months and then do a lipid test again as My Mother is also having Cholestrol.
May I know your age?
Please give me a moment
It is too early to start on the medication
LDL is a bit high at 142
But that does not warrant use of the drug
so what should i do dr.
XXXXXXX you just need to do some changes in your diet
i am on a complete diet
Exercise a bit
That is good
before 6months i was 78
now i am 64
Hope you are not taking oily food
doctor said its hereditary
That is great
its there in the blood
so i need to take pills
It is Hereditary but that does not mean you take pills now
It is too early I feel
Exercise regularly so that you burn more fat
on 20th November 2011 i did the same test
You should try lifestyle changes for 6 months, if the values are still high,then only should you go for the medications
the results are
Fasting Blood Sugar: 89, Total cholestrol:218, Triglycerides: 93, HDL:32, LDL:167, Total Lipids:529.
then he gave me the diet and asked me to work out then i came down to 64kg
So, that is a good improvement
You should continue to do diet and work out
There is no need for medications
ok thank you so much
You are welcome
now after how many days do i need to take lipid test again
Take it after 6 months again and yearly once after that
i will take after 6months and chat on this Dr,
thanks a lot for your patience
It's my pleasure
Is that all?
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- How should a lipid profile test report be interpreted
- Will dexamethasone intensol treat discoid eczema ?
- Will augmentin es 600 treat chemical pneumonitis ?
- Can eye test shows cholestrol optician
- Irregular heart rhythm while sleeping
- Can i take humulin n pen for gestational diabetes?
- Is soriatane ck used in the treatment of psoriasis?
- Lipid test during menstruation
- Loud second heart sound
- Mthfr and heart palpitations
- Abnormal lipids in blood test
- Heart sticky notes
- Types of heart pacemakers
- Marijuana show up in lipid test
- Can i take tobradex for conjunctivitis, bacterial?