Leech bite, swelling and discoloration near the ankle. Remedy? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi.. This is XXXXXXX Here... I'm looking for a Dermatalogist..
I recently went on a trek.. To kerala .. And there I got a leech bite..
I am sorry, we have general physicians on chat
I can help you though
Oh cool.. Its just that the leech bites i get .. usually nothing happens after removed using salt or something.
BUt last time.. I removed it forcefully..
And it left a swollen part near my ankle.. at the bite region..
Kind of Infection..
the color of it has turned kind of pale blue..
Take anti- inflammatory drugs like Ibuprefen
and its been there for almost a month now.. I thought it will go off by itself as usual. But didn't.
Oh okay.. These tablets enough ? Hmm Thanks..
Apply thrombophob ointment locally
Both swelling and colour change will go away
Okay.. Perfect.. Cool !!
May i know ur good name please..
Just Thank you ___ .. :)
I am Dr.xxxxxxxxxxx here
Is there anything else I may help you with?
That's it Mam.. Thank you xxxx
Thank you too
Get well soon
And take care
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Swelling and tingling in the ankle sprained ankle
- Natural remedies for ankle swelling
- Treatment and cure for tonsillectomy
- My baby skin is blotchy
- Treatment and cure for cellulitis
- Swelling near ankle bone
- Blotchy rash on 6 month old baby
- Blotchy red rash on babys body
- Red blotchy rash around baby mouth
- Baby blotchy face while ill
- Treatment and cure for strain (injury)
- Swelling of ankle
- Treatment and cure for alzheimer
- Treatment and cure for memory loss
- Ankle pain in both ankles