Leech bite, swelling and discoloration near the ankle. Remedy? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi.. This is XXXXXXX Here... I'm looking for a Dermatalogist..
I recently went on a trek.. To kerala .. And there I got a leech bite..
I am sorry, we have general physicians on chat
I can help you though
Oh cool.. Its just that the leech bites i get .. usually nothing happens after removed using salt or something.
BUt last time.. I removed it forcefully..
And it left a swollen part near my ankle.. at the bite region..
Kind of Infection..
the color of it has turned kind of pale blue..
Take anti- inflammatory drugs like Ibuprefen
and its been there for almost a month now.. I thought it will go off by itself as usual. But didn't.
Oh okay.. These tablets enough ? Hmm Thanks..
Apply thrombophob ointment locally
Both swelling and colour change will go away
Okay.. Perfect.. Cool !!
May i know ur good name please..
Just Thank you ___ .. :)
I am Dr.xxxxxxxxxxx here
Is there anything else I may help you with?
That's it Mam.. Thank you xxxx
Thank you too
Get well soon
And take care
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Atrial premature contractions enteric fever
- Swelling and tingling in the ankle sprained ankle
- Natural remedies for ankle swelling
- Roller coaster heart atrial septal defect
- Sulfamethoxazole tmp ds for acne
- Swelling near ankle bone
- Cortisone is used to treat
- Binge drinking and premature atrial contractions
- How to avoid premature atrial contractions
- Why biliary atresia causes hepatosplenomegaly
- Swelling of ankle
- Ankle pain in both ankles
- Neem face wash at walgreens
- Generic for clobetasol propionate ointment
- Betamethasone valerate lotion usp 0.1