L5 disc protrusion - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can I help you?
Doctor : Are you there?
User : I had an MRI yesterday that revealed my L5 disc was protruding causing extreme pain. They have also found blood in my urine. I run 7 miles everyday and I am devastated over this news. I am scared about the blood and the recovery if surgery is suggested. They referred me immediately to a ortho surgeon. What does the blood mean? Can I run again?
Doctor : The blood in your urine can be due to bleeding from the urethra
or other part of the urinary tract
Doctor : The bleeding can be a result of infection or trauma to the area
User : Originally they suspected Kidney stone or infection. They have been ruled out. I dont have the full report yet from the radiologist. I am just worried about running again.
Was an ultrasound abdomen done?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Urinary stream start then stop
- L4 l5 disc protrusion traction
- Kidney infection what i should i do
- Urinary tract infection red blood cell count
- Upper red dry itchy lips
- Urine examination wbc pus cells
- What is the treatment for renal calculus
- L4 l5 posterior disc protrusion
- Paracentral disc protrusion l4 and l5
- How to decrease urea level
- Disc protrusion impinging on the l5 nerve
- Can kidney disease be cured during pregnancy
- Uric acid during pregnancy
- L4 l5 disc protrusion testicle
- Is surgery the only solution for grade 3 vur