Knee injury with a minor meniscus tear - Online Doctor Chats
User : i recently injured my knee trainning for the Royal marines (Doing a fireman carry i think, becuase i havnt twisted it so must be compression)it doesnt hurt just aches and feels weak in certain positions.
iv been to see the Doc who says it sounds like a minor meniscus tear, he mentioned the surgery but didnt seem to concerned because im not in any pain really he just said to rest and ice and it should be ok. BUT the weakness in the knee is a problem as i go into marines in 2 weeks, will this heal with rest and how long could it take, as i understand theres a lack of blood to this area?
Also now and again it clicks.
Doctor : Hi
Let me read through.
User : ok :0
When did you sustain the injury?
User : about a week ago
Meniscal injury is diagnosed only on scans.
So i cannot comment if you have one.
You can try pain killers along with strict immobilisation of the knee.
It should improve in a weeks time.
As i see you are trying to get into marines
You can consult an orthopaedician
for knee immobilizer.
Is there any other query?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Losing power in legs and hands
- Stds from sharing diabetic test
- Knee meniscus tear treatment options
- Left hand slightly numb
- Throbbing pain from left shoulder to hand
- Stabing left palm hand pain
- Ct arthrogram for knee meniscus tear
- Diabetes treatment in royapuram
- Meniscus tear in knee surgery
- Left knee medial meniscus tear
- Red rin on toilet diabetes
- Throbbing left hand when raised
- Can diabetes raise psa
- Sweet smell sneeze diabetes
- Ayurvedic treatment for knee meniscus tear