Kidney transplantation, 37 years - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
User : my husband needs a kidney transplant, i'd like to donate, i have o pos blood. I know i need to get my bmi under 35, i'm at 37 now. but i also just read that abnormal glucose tests can keep you from donating, i have pcos but no form of problems with it, just insulin resistance that i take metformin for. would that stop me from donating. also i was around someone with tb 10 years ago so i had a positive test but neg chest xray and went on prevenitive meds to make sure it would never become active, would that hurt me from donating?
Doctor : how can i help you?
Doctor : ok
Doctor : let me go through it
Doctor : Usually it is better not to give your blood , because they wont accept blood from diabetics even with good control of blood sugar
User : i want to give my kidney
User : i don't have diabeties, i am insulin resistant
Doctor : ok ok
Doctor : It is upto your physician to decide after running proper renal function tests
User : what about tb?
Doctor : because there ll be some micro vascular changes in kidneys
Doctor : tb?
Doctor : okay
Doctor : If any further query we request you to avail the opportunity of LIVE CHAT WITH A DOCTOR 24/7 at our portal WWW.WWWW.WW It will be beneficial for you to become an annual member for an unlimited chat with the doctors whenever and wherever you you need for entire family.Regards, Medical Team, HealthcareM
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Gum pus smells blood oozing
- Gush of watery blood then period
- Kidney transplant and stomach crunches
- Is abnormal renal function a side effect of delatestryl?
- Kidney transplant 80 years old
- Kidney transplant without insurance
- Is abnormal renal function a side effect of testosterone?
- Cmc vellore kidney transplant
- Post kidney transplant and benadryl
- Is increased sensitivity to pain a side effect of prograf?
- Blood sugar kya hai
- Is dialysis graft blockagebone pain a side effect of fosrenol?
- Laser hair removal and blood pressure
- Blood group test in vashi
- Is abnormal renal function a side effect of depo-testosterone?