Kidney stones, operated, abdominal pain still persists. How to get cured? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi Good Afternoon
This is XXXXXXX
How are you doing?
I am doing good. Thanks
How about you?
How can I help you today?
3 months back I felt pain in stomach
I have checked with doctor and taken scan as prescribed
I underwent a treatment and felt better..
at that time
but again I feel pain now
Where is the pain, Mr. XXXX?
Right side or left side or is it diffuse?
This means that its generally present in the lower abdomen, you cannot localize it to a single point
for how long have you had the paain?
pain increases during movement of body
but I have sustainable pain
What kind of treatment did you receive for the kidney stones?
I had tablets for a month
but I forgot the name of the tablet
What did the doctor say about the use of these tablets
he prescribed tablets to avoid further stone formation
and asked me to drink lot of water
I believe calcium level has increased in my body
as of now, Mr. XXXXXXX it looks like the stones are acting up again
Thats why its hurting
ok. Can you suggest me a diet schedule to avoid this?
But its a prescription drug
I cannot give it to you in this forum
Please see your physician for the same
For the kidney stones, drink lot of water
and avoid tomatoes, spinach, non vegetarian food
I am taking 5lts of water per day
Is that enough or Should I take more?
No effs and dairy products as well
Nuts and wheat XXXXXXX is also to be avoided
But you will need to taake about 1/2 cup of milk or yoghurt daily
so that you get your calcium fix
But the more important part is that you consult a urologist
and definitive treatment would be needed
Should I neglect Non Veg food completely?
ok. What kind of foods are advisable to take?
You can take everything apart from the foods I mentioned
But the most important part is that you consult a urologist
we need a scan and proper treatment
Dietary therapy will help prevent further progression
But it will not treat the existing stone
i will note it down.
but i have been taking non-veg food all these days. I believe i have to cut it down
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Experiencing severe abdominal pain due to gall and kidney stones
- Minimal left renal pelvicalyceal splitting
- Minimal prominence of left sided pelvicalyceal system
- Can vitcofol injection increase the platelet count
- What does it mean mild prominence of left pelvicalyceal
- Kidney stones calf pain
- Kidney stone symptoms abdominal pain
- Electron counting problems
- What are the urea levels in newborn
- Abdominal pain history of kidney stones what to do
- Post operative pain kidney stone
- Paternia tablets is useful to increase the sperm count
- Is theraflu safe for kidney transplant
- Normal lymphocyte count for a 2 year old
- Low rbc count osteosarcoma