Keep getting cramps in legs, in calf and fingers. Suggest? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi Doctor, I keep getting cramps in my legs from past 3 days. Please suggest something.
HI XXXXXXX here
Proceed with your query. Is it about leg cramps?
May I know your age and gender?
in my calf and fingers
Since when are you having these cramps?
from past 3 days. but it used to happen before also sometimes
22 years, female
Can you grade the severity of pain on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being the most severe pain you have ever had?
Is the pain aggravated or precipitated by any factors - such as time of period, heavy work and exertion?
Are you on any birth control pills?
No I am not taking any pills
exertion from work
May I know your current height and weight?
I would like to know if your periods are regular?
5. 3 and 50kgs
or 48 kgs
Thanks for providing these details.
Cramps in the calf and muscles are caused by few medical condition.
1. Excessive physical activity with low water intake can cause electrolyte disturbances leading to calf muscle pains.
ya I drink less water
3. Blood vesssel issues such as venous clots are the next possible causes.
One of these three factors may be the cause of your calf pain.
any suggestions ?
wat can be done
I would encourage you to drink plenty of water. Adding electrolytes to the fluid can be useful.
any vitamin tablets to be taken ?
Electrolyte powders such as electral added to water or ready made solutions like gatorade can be taken instead of plain water.
If they are abnormal, it needs to be checked.
3. Rest well. Avoid physical exertion when in pain.
Thanks for the help
for 2-3 weeks.
5. I hope you do not suspect pregnancy, if yes, get it ruled out.
No I am not suspecting that
6. If problems persist or aggravates, see a doctor and plan for further tests including doppler scans.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on