Itchy skin in neck, near collar region and inner thighs that is pink and then turns brown. What is this ? - Online Doctor Chats
I am Dr. XXXXXXX
How can I help you?
Hi.. Good Afternoon..
Please proceed with your query.
recently Iam having some skin problem... In neck near collar region and inner thighs..The region itchy and the color is initially pink which will then turn brown
I did some googling... came across a condition called Erythrasma .. The symptoms match.. but not sure
I will need a little more details to guide you better.
Is this colour change only in the neck and inner thighs?
in the effected region only
Is there any scaling?
The colour change, pattern, the sites and the characters does point towards erythrasma as you said.
May I know your age?
May I know your height and weight?
height arround 5.6 .. weigth arround 78
Do you have a family history of Diabetes?
yes...my mother have diabetes... but recently i had done a blood sugar test ... which came out ok
Ok. Let me guide you regarding this.
Excess pigmentation can occur due to various reasons.
Though your symptoms points towards erythrasma, it is important to rule out the factors and other conditions such as Acanthosis Nigricans.
Investigations to check out your hormonal levels, blood sugar etc needs to be done.
Another important factor to be remembered is that, dermatological conditions needs to be seen by a dermatologist, to diagnose.
So, do get it examined and investigated by a dermatologist.
Meanwhile you can follow some simple steps.
1. Completely dry the areas after shower.
2. Do not rub or scratch in the area.
3. Wear loose cotton clothes rather than synthetic materials.
4. Avoid using soap over the area.
Before using any medication, please make sure it is diagnosed.
ok..also doctor.. are there any test which will tell me if there is any vitamin or mineral defficiency ?
There are blood tests to check levels of certain minerals such as Iron, calcium, phosphorus etc.
And Vitamin D levels can be evaluated.
Have you followed?
Hope I have been able to guide you.
Is there anything else, I can help you on?
nothing else... Thank you
Thanks for consulting me. Let me know if you have any health related queries.
Please leave a feedback after closing the chat.
Have a nice day!!
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Face reactions to gatorade
- Pimply rash on face 8 week infant
- Have itching on the penis foreskin discoloration what to do
- Itchy skin and neck pain
- Had grand ball seizure has shivering on lapitor help
- Itchy skin around neck
- Lump in neck and itchy skin
- Childs urinalysis shows pus cells as many suggestions
- Goosebump rash on face
- Have frequent dizziness while lying down or waking up suggestions
- Frequest rash on face
- Methylprednisolone hot red face
- Itchy skin rash on neck
- Suffering from bulimic symptoms eating in excess amounts any advice
- Blotchy itchy skin stiff neck